JIVAS is one of the few vascular centers in the country committed to education:
- Fellowship in vascular surgery through Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) was offered from 2002 to 2007 and trained 5 vascular surgeons in this period, who are practicing in this field in Karnataka.
- Fellowship offered under National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi from 2003 to 2007 -2. Surgeons have been trained in this 2 year program.
These have been replaced by a 3 year DNB program in 2007. JIVAS was the first vascular department to be awarded this program by National Board of Examination, Delhi . At the suggestion of Department of Health and Medical Education, Government of Karnataka, 18 month Fellowship program will be restarted from June 2011, mostly for deputed surgeons from 10 medical colleges across Karnataka, so that basic and emergency care can be provided in these centers.
JIVAS also offers 1 month rotation to general surgery post graduation students across the state and so far over 100 students have been tutored in basics in vascular diseases.
We have also conducted a large number of CME programs and continue to do so, across the state through IMA and other professional societies, medical colleges and several hospitals.
Senior members of our staff are regularly invited to prestigious international conferences, as a guest faculty, deliver lectures on chosen topics.
To name a few of such international societies:
- World Federation of vascular societies
- Asian society of vascular surgery
- European society of vascular surgery
- International college of Angiology
- International Phelbology society
- Japanese society of vascular surgery
- Society of vascular surgery (USA)
- Diabetic Foot Conference (DF Con –USA)
- Handicap International (France)
- Diabetic foot conference in Bangladesh, Srilanka , Malaysia, Singapore
Numerous presentation , in the form of invited lectures and free papers, have been made in several national societies like vascular societies of India , Diabetic Foot Society (DFSI) of India .JIVAS is also the registered office to the prestigious DFSI.
Several workshops, with national international faculty, have been conducted by JIVAS both in vascular techniques and diabetic foot therapies.